Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's a Good Idea to Retreat Every Now and Then

I have been looking forward to theWiddahood.com Retreat all summer, like a child waiting for Christmas Day.  And now (sniffle) it's finished.  But also like Christmas, I was given gifts (of friendship) and memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

I left the weekend feeling changed in a way that I can't describe but in a way that I will be forever grateful for.  The last couple of days, I've actually been feeling like, "Wow.  That really happened."   All I can say is that it was a magical combination of a fantastic town, peaceful moments when we wanted them, not-so-peaceful moments when we wanted them (tee hee), and a group of women I will never forget and I know will always be a part of me.

To my Widdahood Golden Girls (that was for you, Karen), I thank you for your new friendships and your sisterhood. I'll never forget how...
...we laughed...












...we learned...










...we shared...
















...we absorbed...
















dealing with grief one moment at a time doesn't seem so bad...













 
...now that 
we have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment